CROIA IRELAND ADVERTISING LIMITED
- Information about us, our business and how to contact us:
Who we are: Croia Ireland Advertising Limited is an online trading platform established for the purposes of promoting and offering a platform for the sale of goods by small to medium Irish businesses. www.croiaireland.com is a website operated by Croia Ireland Advertising Limited (the “Site”).
- Suppliers: We operate the platform and offer the tools and technical means to enable suppliers who are small to medium Irish businesses and are registered with the Site to sell their products (the “Products”) to customers registered with the Site (“Customers”) through one online marketplace platform (the “Service”).
- How to contact us: You can contact us by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through Instagram @croiaireland or Facebook: @croiaireland.
- How we may contact you: If we have to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us when setting up your profile.
- Customer: “Customer” is a reference to the customer that purchases a product from the Supplier using the Site.
- What these Supplier Terms cover: These Supplier Terms cover the Suppliers usage, access, and registration on the Site, your receipt of the Services and your obligations and responsibilities in respect of the provision of the Products to Customers of the Site.
- These Supplier Terms and the Supplier:
- By registering with and using our Site, you;
- (i) confirm that you accept these Supplier Terms and that you agree to comply with them;
- (ii) confirm that the Products you offer for sale through the Site are available for sale by you and that you have all required rights and authorisations to sell these Products;
- (iii) confirm that you hold all licenses necessary for manufacturing, making, selling and arranging delivery of the Products you advertise through the Site;
- (iv) confirm that the Products you offer for sale fit within the Product Standards set out in Schedule 1, you are selling what you describe and the Products conform with any obligations on product standards set out under any Applicable Laws;
- (v) represent that you;
- are a company, partnership or sole trader, registered or established in Ireland or Northern Ireland and you have provided accurate business details including as applicable; your company registration number, business name and registered office or address in your registration form;
- are the primary contact, and are at least 18 years old and listed as the sole trader, or in the case of an incorporated entity, a director with the Companies Registration Office or the Registrar of Companies (Northern Ireland); and
- are in compliance with all Applicable Laws and will pay all taxes, levies or duties to which you are subject as a result of your commercial activity as a distance seller and more generally in the context of your usage of the Site;
- have or are in the process of registering an Express Account with Stripe Inc.;
- have provided any of the following documents requested after your application form is accepted;
- driving licence or passport;
- telephone and email address of the primary contact and any additional users of the account.
We reserve the right to request any additional information which we, in our sole discretion, deem necessary as part of the application process.
- All information provided by you in your application and thereafter remains accurate and up to date at all times.
- You agree and understand that the Company will under no circumstances have liability with regard to the following;
- in your compliance with all Applicable Laws that apply in the country you delivery your Products to including but limited to:
- the Product presentation, packaging or labelling;
- the Product price setting;
- any hygiene or security in respect of the Products, particularly, but not limited to, during the production, processing, packaging, transportation, storage and distribution of the Products.
- If you sell goods through our Site, your terms of sale, delivery policy and returns policies apply to the sale. Your contract of sale is directly with the Customer and Croia Ireland Advertising Limited are not a party to it. Your terms of sale, delivery policy and returns policies are subject to any requirements set out throughout the Agreement.
- You may not use our Services for any illegal or unauthorised purpose nor may you, in the use of the Services, violate any laws in Ireland, the jurisdiction in which you are based or the jurisdiction to which you sell or deliver the Products (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- If you do not agree to these Supplier Terms, you must not use our Site. We recommend that you print a copy of these Supplier Terms for future reference.
- Any breach of the Term may result in your rights to use the Services on the Site being restricted, suspended or withdrawn.
- Changes: We reserve the right in our sole discretion to change these Supplier Terms at any time. Any such changes will take effect immediately when posted on this website (last modified: 11 November 2020). It is your responsibility to read these Supplier Terms on each occasion you place an order on or through the Site and your submission of an order shall signify your acceptance of the latest Supplier Terms.
- Definitions: In these Conditions:
“Applicable Laws” includes:
- all product safety and product marking laws and regulations, and Trading Standards requirements in respect of the manufacture, packaging, marking, certification (including, without limitation, CE marking) and delivery of the Products you sell;
- Irish and EU competition laws; and
- Sale of Goods and Consumer Protection Legislation.
- “Force Majeure” means, an act of God including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, windstorm, pandemic or other natural disaster; an act of any sovereign including but not limited to war, invasion, act of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power or confiscation, nationalisation, requisition, destruction or damage to property by or under the order of any government or public or local authority or imposition of government sanction embargo or similar action (including restriction on movement); law, judgment, order, decree, embargo, blockade; labour dispute including but not limited to strike, lockout or boycott; interruption or failure of utility service including but not limited to electric power, gas, water or telephone service; or any other event or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the party claiming “Force Majeure”.);
- “Loss” means any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal costs (calculated on a full indemnity basis) and all other professional costs and expenses;
- “VAT” means any value added tax and any goods and services, sales or other turnover tax, imposition or levy of a like nature chargeable in respect of the sale of the Products to the Customer.
- “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words “writing” or “written” in these Supplier Terms, this includes emails.
- About the Site and Service
- The Site is an online trading platform for use between Customers who comply with these Supplier Terms and an online community of Suppliers, trading in food, clothes and other locally produced Products. Once registered, Customers can create personal profiles and order Products from the Suppliers or use other services on the Site.
- We operate the Site as a platform to enable Customers to purchase Products from Suppliers and we implement the tools and technical means to enable this relationship, but any contract for sale is made directly between the Customer and the Supplier. We do not create, make or otherwise produce or have possession of any Products offered for sale and we are not directly involved in the transactions between Customers and Suppliers. Croia Ireland Advertising Limited is not part of the contract of sale between Customers and Suppliers, nor any other contract concluded between Customers and Suppliers. We accept no liability for any issues which may arise during the conclusion, or after completion of these contracts.
- The Supplier is in the business of making, producing, creating and distributing the Products for sale in Ireland or overseas.
- The Supplier wishes to advertise the Products for sale on a non-exclusive basis on the Company’s Site and the Company wishes to promote the Products on the terms set out in these Supplier Terms.
- We may suspend or withdraw our Site at any time without notice. We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
- Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- Commencement and Duration
- Your agreement to these Supplier Terms shall commence on the date when the Supplier ticks their acceptance of the Supplier Terms during their registration for the Site. Following a successful submission of a registration form, these terms shall continue, unless terminated earlier in writing by the Company or by the Supplier and agreed to by the Company, and the Supplier’s range of Products shall remain within the Site for a period of at least one calendar month from the date these Supplier Terms have been agreed to, or such other period as the parties agree in writing, until either party gives to the other party written notice to terminate.
- The Supplier shall not enter agreements to sell the Products to Customers after the date on which notice to terminate is served on the Company under Clause 4.1.
- To be registered on the Site croiaireland.com, you must fully complete the following steps:
- Submit a fully completed Application Form https://croiaireland.com//vendor-register/
- The Company will review your application. On successful application, you will be invited to create an account on the Site. You will also be requested to create a Stripe account;
- Create your Site profile and upload any supporting documentation including official documents evidencing your Company/professional status;
- Upload descriptions, details, photographs and images of the Products you intend to sell to your Site profile;
- Submit any further information requested by the Company.
- The Company retains complete discretion in determining whether to accept your application. You shall have no recourse against us and no right to request compensation from us for any unsuccessful application.
- Incomplete and partially complete forms will not be considered.
- To be registered on the Site croiaireland.com, you must fully complete the following steps:
- Profile Details
- If you choose to use the Site and avail of the Services by setting up an account, and a user identification code, password or any other piece of information are provided to you or required from you as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- We have the right to disable any user identification code, username or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Supplier Terms.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
- Each Supplier must include accurate contact details on the Site. By registering a profile on the Site, you consent to the Company using the contact details provided by the Supplier on the Site and in any email correspondence with a Customer who has ordered a Product from that Supplier.
- Orders and Deliveries
- How you will receive an order: You will receive an email from the Site to notify you that a Customer has placed an order for your Product (the “Order Receipt”). Your acceptance of an order will take place when you contact the Customer to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and the Customer on or pursuant to your terms of sale, subject to these Supplier Terms. Croia Ireland Advertising Limited are not a party to any contract for sale formed between a Customer and a Supplier.
- Customer order number: We will assign an order number to the Customers order and tell you what it is when we send you their order. It will help us if you can tell us the order number whenever you contact us about the order.
- Accepting an order: To accept an order, you must, within one business day from receipt of the Order Receipt;
- Email the Customer on the email address provided in the Order Receipt. By accepting the order, you confirm that you accept the terms on which the Customer has placed the order (including any bespoke requests detailed by the in the Order Receipt) and you will include a link to your terms of sale or website where the terms of sale on which the products have been sold are available. You will also confirm the time and method of dispatch.
- Email Croia Ireland Advertising Limited to confirm the order has been accepted.
By accepting an order, the Supplier undertakes that they will deliver the Product to the Customer. For the sale of any Products containing alcohol, all contracts of sale between the Customer and Supplier will be deemed to have been created at the address of the Supplier’s premises which is licensed for the sale of alcohol.
- Delivery Slip: You agree to include with all orders the appropriate Croia Ireland Advertising Limited branded delivery slip, the order number and such additional documentation or material as may be required and/or provided to you by us.
- If you cannot accept an order: If you are unable to accept an order, you will inform both us, and the Customer of this by email and we will not charge the Customer for the product.
- Delivery: Terms and conditions of delivery are solely those of the Supplier, subject to any requirements set out in these Supplier Terms. The Supplier must provide full and clear information about standard delivery times, whether the Supplier offers tracked packages, if the Supplier can facilitate international shipping and the returns procedure. This information must be included on the Supplier’s profile on the Site. You will ship the Product directly to the Customer in line with this information. The Customer’s address details will be included in the Order Receipt we provide to you to confirm an order has been received. In respect of Products containing alcohol, it is the responsibility of the Supplier to ensure that the Products are delivered in accordance with any Applicable Laws.
- Delivery costs: You will confirm the cost of delivery to us for each item displayed on the Site. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to the Customer on our Site before the Customer pays.
- Free delivery: If a product is to be delivered free of charge, this must be clearly displayed on the Product page.
- Dispatch timing: You will dispatch the Products to the Customer within 2 to 3 days after the day on which you accept their order or you will contact the Customer with an estimated delivery date which, except in the case of customised Products which may take longer, will be within 30 days after the day on which you accept the Customers order.
- Dispatch: Once the product has been dispatched, you will notify the customer and Croia Ireland Advertising Limited, and provide the relevant tracking number for the Product if available.
- International Delivery: The Supplier must display if a Product can be delivered internationally on the Product page, and if so, where it can be delivered. International shipping requirements and any Applicable Laws are the responsibility of the Supplier to comply with. Croia Ireland Advertising Limited officers the Services, and can facilitate such trade, but is not a party to any contract between international Customers and the Supplier.
- Delays outside your control. If your supply of the Products is delayed by an event outside your control, then you must contact us as soon as possible to let us know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Any affected Customers should also be informed. If there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract with the Customer and they may receive a refund for any Products they have paid for but not received.
- Where you sell: Our Site is solely for the promotion of Products. We do not provide any advice, guarantees or warranties in respect of delivery of your Products in Ireland or overseas. We will take instruction from you, the Supplier, on where you sell your Products. It is the responsibility of each Supplier to ensure their own compliance with all Applicable Laws and licensing and that they pay all taxes, levies or duties to which they are subject as a result of their commercial activity as a distance seller when delivering Products.
- Responsibilities of the Supplier
- The Supplier agrees to make its Products available for sale on the Site and the Company agrees to present such Products for sale on the terms of the Agreement.
- Product information: The Supplier shall be responsible for updating and the maintenance of all information relating to their Products on the Site, including but not limited to;
- detailed descriptions of the Products, including key description points such as colour, size or weight as applicable;
- images of the Products which comply with Schedule 2 (Image Quality); and
- any items which are low in stock.
- The Supplier shall be responsible for selecting products and the updating all information relating to the Products that are to be featured within their profile on the Site.
- It is the Suppliers responsibility to dispatch the Customer order to ensure that it reaches the Customer within the timelines set out in Clause 7 (Orders and Delivery) and/or in accordance with any subsequent correspondence with the Customer.
- Uploading content to our Site
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Image Quality in Schedule 2 below.
- You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
- You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
- Croia Ireland Advertising Limited retains complete discretion in determining whether to accept the images of products you provide before they go live on the Site for the Customers to view.
- If we determine your image is not in line with our Image Quality you may;
- Resubmit a new image for our approval; or
- Croia Ireland Advertising Limited can produce the image for you. There is a fee for this service which will depend on the number and type of products that are being photographed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details of fees and to arrange the image.
- We have the right to edit or remove any posting you make on our Site, whether text or image, if in our opinion, your text or image does not comply with the content standards of our Site or those set out in our Image Quality policy.
- You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
- Rights you are giving to us to use Material you Upload
- When you upload or post content to our Site, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that user-generated content in connection with the Service provided by the Site and across different media including to promote the Site, to expire when the user deletes the content from the Site;
- Payment and Charges
- Croia Ireland Advertising Limited is using the Stripe “Marketplace” to process payments, which is supported by Stripe Connect. Payment between the Supplier and Stripe is the responsibility of Stripe.
- Subject to any changes in this term which shall be notified to you, you are responsible for paying;
- the Company a commission; and
- any monthly charges for use of the Services; and
- monthly charges from our payment service provider, Stripe.
- Any additional relevant Charges will be as notified to you and updated by us from time to time in accordance with these Supplier Terms.
- All Suppliers will be required to set up their own Stripe Express Account and provide details of the account to the Company. Stripe Express Accounts are subject to Stripe terms and conditions and anti-money laundering requirements.
- When a Customer transacts with our Site for Products provided by a Supplier, the Company creates a charge on the platform’s account. The Company’s commission, any related charges and any Stripe fees are deducted at this point.
- The remaining balance of the funds are transferred to the connected Supplier account within 30 days of receipt unless we receive notice from the Customer that they are unhappy with or have not received the relevant Products. Any refunds will be redirected back to the Customer.
- Unless specified otherwise, all Charges are subject to VAT or other similar taxes or levies, all of which amounts you will pay, where appropriate, at the rate prevailing at the relevant tax point, and in addition to the Charges themselves.
- You will make all payments to us due under the Agreement without any deduction whether by way of set-off, withholding, counterclaim, discount, abatement or otherwise.
- Malware and Viruses
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them. We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
- Limitation of Liability
- Nothing in these Supplier Terms excludes or limits liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by Irish law.
- To the extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Site or any content on it or the Services, whether express or implied, are excluded.
- We shall not be liable to any Supplier and/or Consumer for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- the Agreements;
- use of, or inability to use, our Site or the Services;
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Supplier;
- any Loss; or
- business interruption.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a defective Product, any liability arising under or in connection with a contract concluded between a Supplier and a Customer, any liability on the part of the Supplier for a failure to deliver Products or the condition of Products delivered to a Customer, any liability in contract or any other contractual obligations owing by the Supplier to a Customer or by the Customer to the Supplier (including (but not limited to) any breach of such obligations). All warranties, conditions or terms relating to the Sale of Goods (including those provided for in the Sale of Goods Act 1893 and Sale of Goods Act 1980), whether implied by statute or common law or otherwise, are excluded.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We cannot give any undertaking to Customers, that Products and/or services you provide through the Site will be of satisfactory quality, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected and this and any other such warranties (whether expressed or implied) are disclaimed by us absolutely to the fullest extent permitted by law. This disclaimer does not affect a Customers statutory rights against a Supplier.
- In all circumstances, the liability of the Company shall be limited to commission paid to the Company by the Supplier in respect of the Product in any one instant, or where not just specified Products are at issue, the commission paid by the Supplier to the Company over the previous 12 months. The Supplier agrees that any additional sums that may fall due are to be waived and are not recoverable.
- The Supplier shall fully indemnify the Company against all Losses, claims which may be made against the Company for loss or damage caused by, or arising from, or in connection with, a Product, any breach by the Supplier of the Agreement or any terms applicable to the sale of the Product to the Customer, any breach by the Supplier of the provisions in relation to the delivery or storage of a Product and against all costs and expenses incurred including the cost of investigating and defending such claims.
- The Supplier shall further indemnify us in full for any and all liabilities, costs, expenses, fines, damages and losses we incur in connection with any claim in respect of your use of the Site or our Services.
- Force Majeure
- If either the Company, the Supplier or the Customer is affected by Force Majeure, it shall forthwith notify the other party of the nature and extent thereof. Neither the Company, the Supplier nor the Customer shall be deemed to be in breach of any of the Agreements, or otherwise be liable to the other by reason of any delay in performance, or non-performance, of any of its obligations hereunder, to the extent that such delay or non-performance is due to any Force Majeure of which it has notified the other party hereto; and the time for performance of that obligation shall be extended accordingly. For the avoidance of doubt, any event of Force Majeure affecting the contract of sale between the Supplier and a Customer is the responsibility of the Supplier to refund any fees paid by the Customer.
- Partial Invalidity
- If any of the Supplier Terms is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, that shall not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of any other of the Supplier Terms or
- the legality, validity or enforceability of any other of the Supplier Terms, or
- the legality, validity or enforceability in any other jurisdiction of that or any other Term.
- If any of the Supplier Terms is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, that shall not affect the legality, validity or enforceability of any other of the Supplier Terms or
- Law and Jurisdiction
- All contractual and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with the provision of the Services to the Customer and any such contracts are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland. For the benefit of the Company, the Customer hereby agrees that the courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear and determine any suit, action or proceedings, and to settle any disputes, which may arise out of or in connection with the Services and, for such purposes, the Customer irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of Ireland.
At Croía Ireland Advertising Limited, we consider ourselves the heart of Irish businesses which is why we have a set of standards to ensure our consumers only get the best of what Ireland has to offer. These standards are in place to ensure that all products on the Croía website www.croiaireland.com are of a high-quality and are considered premium products amongst our consumers. We are so proud to have you with us on this journey and look forward to working with you in the future and building our online community.
At Croía Ireland Advertising Limited we have a variety of different cate
categories which cater for the needs of our customers. The list below details the headings of the different types of products which we will be offering at Croía Ireland Advertising Limited:
- Baby & Child
- Food & Drink
- Home & Décor
- Health & Wellbeing
- All products featured on Croía Ireland Advertising Limited must be made, created, or supplied, sourced from an Irish business.
- Supplier’s products must be of a high quality. To guarantee these products are of high-quality (premium standard), all products will be hand-picked by Croía Ireland Advertising Limited to provide our consumers with a wide selection of premium products.
- We have the right to approve or decline any products to ensure they fit within our brand.
- Suppliers products must be competitively priced in the market.
- All products must be photographed to the standard required by Croía Ireland Advertising Limited.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a stunning product picture is worth a thousand online sales.
Showcasing your products with high-quality images can also be the difference between a conversion and no sale at all. The perceived value of your products is directly impacted by the quality of your product photography!
Our Style–What we are looking for
At Croia Ireland Advertising Limited, we believe that your photographs share the unique elegance, achievable styles and inspiring lifestyles that allows consumers to visualize the products in their own homes. This is why we are emphasizing the importance of our photography guidelines. We are looking for high quality, professional grade photographs to communicate your brand and style in one simple, efficient and effective way.
Quality Images: All images must be in focus and clear. If pictures are blurred or pixelated, they will not be approved.
Lighting and Composition: Always use bright light and find somewhere with a warm neutral backdrop to shoot against. Dark Colours simply don’t offer the bright, clear style out shoppers love and expect. We want creative and colourful photos, displaying the products true personality. A minimum of 2 photos per product must be uploaded, including one colourful background (with different props) and the other a plain background (to provide a clearer view of the product).
Props: You can really bring your items to life with just a hint of basic styling and accessorizing. Using relevant props and settings allows us to create a consistent style across the site. Whatever you decide to do with your images, try to keep them consistent. Consistent images communicate strong brand identity, professionalism, and confidence, all of which help buyers feel more comfortable buying from you.
- All images must be in focus and clear
- Minimum 2 images:
- Plain Background
- Fun, use of props
- Good lighting (photos poorly lit will not be accepted)
- Are the photos showing how it’s used or how it works?